• Part-time, independent contactor, work-from-home
CRO (Clinical & Refractive Optometry)
CRO (Clinical & Refractive Optometry) provides clinical information and continuing education services to Optometrists through a digital Journal (https://clinicaloptometry.scholasticahq.com) and an Online Continuing Education platform (https://www.crojournal.com).
Primary Objectives of the Role:
• Work with the authors, CRO Editorial Team, Production Manager and the Publisher to bring submitted articles from original submission to final publication version
• Undertake the administrative tasks to get articles approved as accredited continuing education courses
• Publish approved courses using a proprietary online Continuing Education Platform.
• Provide customer service support to continuing education platform users
• Support the business through social media posting of courses
Support for the role:
The CRO Digital Administrator will fully trained and supported by the Production Manager and Publisher.
The Ideal Candidate is:
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Task and deadline driven. Takes Initiative. Responsive.
• Comfortable with online forms and digital processes
• Proficient with Excel, MS Word
Additional Beneficial Skills:
• Familiarity with vision science, or general science background
• Graphics program skills such as Canva or other
• Website Content Management administration (e.g. Like WordPress)
This position is a part-time independent contractor position. Candidate requires their own computer. Initially approx. 16-24 hours per month. Travel is not required.
Work hours are flexible from home and self-managed as an independent contractor. Hourly rate: Variable and based upon experience.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com and attached your CV.
Please include an overview of your skills in relation to the specific job role outlined. Include a comment on why this position might appeal to you in relation to your career objectives and skill-set.
About the Company:
VuePoint IDS Inc. is a private 100% Canadian-owned media and marketing services company focused on serving the information needs of the eyewear and eye care industry’s professional service providers including optometrists and opticians, and affiliated personnel. VuePoint publishes print and digital titles for eye care professionals under the media brands Optik, (CRO) Clinical & Refractive Optometry, Eye Care Business Canada. NextGen OD and IMAGINEM a multi-lingual global eyewear fashion magazine published in 5 languages.
In addition to its digital and print publications, VuePoint offers services to eye care professionals, including accredited continuing education program development and delivery for Optometry through CRO Online (www.crojournal.com) and for Opticians through OptikConEd (www.optikconed.com).
VuePoint is based in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Montreal.