Q2 June VisionWatch Canada Optical Data is Released
Monday, September 26 2016 | 00 h 00 min | Survey
VuePoint has released the VisionWatch quarterly consumer data on the Canadian optical market. The dataset represents the third semi-annual data point since the inception of the Canadian consumer panel in June 2015.
You can view the report by clicking the icon below:
- 12-month consumer sales of corrective lenses shows a significant decline versus prior reported period.
- Overall Canadian consumer usage of vision corrective devices and frequency of eye examinations remains steady and similar to levels in the US.
- Eye examinations performed at Retail Optical Chains show a slight increase from the prior period. (N.B. VisionWatch data does not comment on the statistical significance of specific question data.)
- Channel sales of corrective eyewear frames show a very slight increase in independents and Mass Merchants/Department stores.
- Plano sunglass usage in Canada show considerable underdevelopment versus US, Rx Sun is slightly underdeveloped versus USA.
- Physical location sales of Contact Lenses are reported higher than US levels and show an increase from the previous period.
Click here to see the Quantitative Report Online
The Q2 reported data is subject to revision by VisionWatch. VuePoint will provided updated results if they are revised by VisionWatch.