The Vision Council to Educate About Blue Light, Digital Eye Strain at SXSW
Alexandria, VA –The Vision Council will be sponsoring the official health lounge at South by Southwest (SXSW) – an annual conglomerate of film, interactive media, music and health festivals and conferences in Austin, TX, kicking off this week – to educate attending consumer media and conference-goers about the harmful side effects of blue light and digital eye strain, as well as the lens technology solutions available.
Titled “The Time Out Lounge: Give Your Eyes a Break with The Vision Council,” the lounge – which will be located in the Austin Convention Center and open from March 10 through March 14 – will serve as a space where attendees can unwind from the conference’s many events and panels. The Vision Council staff will be engaging with visitors to spread the following messages:
• What blue light and digital eye strain are;
• The health implications of prolonged digital device usage on the eyes;
• How blue light and digital eye strain can be combatted with specialized lens technologies;
• That any pair of fashionable frames can be outfitted with these specialized lenses, so style doesn’t have to be sacrificed for eye health;
• That an annual eye exam is the ideal opportunity for individuals to speak with an eye doctor about their digital device usage and formulate a unique pair of frames with lenses that suit their specific eye health needs.
To read the full press release, click HERE.