Safilo Celebrates Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
Safilo celebrated its 3rd annual Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day on Thursday, April 27th, the first one orchestrated in Safilo’s new Secaucus North American headquarters. Safilo hosted a record-breaking 66 children between the ages of 5 and 15 who were either relatives or friends of Safilo employees.
The day was planned to go beyond the average “shadowing” of the adult that brought them. Children participated in a full day of fun-filled organized activities in a hands-on interactive environment, exposing them to many different careers within the company.
Some of the highlights of the day included:
- Touring Safilo’s new corporate offices.
- Understanding what the public relations team does.
- Creating a budget with the accounting department and learning about the differences between a debit and credit.
- Learning about the trends, colours, materials, etc. that inspires the product creation department when designing frames.
- Playing interactive games with members of the customer service and human relations departments.
- Using imagination and creativity to create summer window designs and Safilo logos.
The children were also treated to a lunchtime pizza party and a movie screening in the company’s second floor auditorium.
Click HERE to read the full press release.