Vision Council Lab Division Announces Director’s Choice Award Recipient
Tuesday, August 7 2018 | 13 h 33 min | Awards, News, Press Release
The Lab Division of The Vision Council announced on August 3rd the industry veterans who will be recognized during the Directors’ Choice Award and 19th Annual Lab Division Hall of Fame celebration on Wednesday, September 26, in conjunction with the Lab Division Meeting and International Vision Expo West.
The Division has named Dave Cole, former President of Transitions Optical, as the 2018 recipient of the Directors’ Choice Award honoring his 26+ years in the optical industry, as a champion for a game-changing technology, and as a partner to optical labs.
Dave Cole will be recognized alongside this year’s Lab Division Hall of Fame inductees at the Hall of Fame banquet, held during The Vision Council’s Lab Division meeting at International Vision Expo West.
The 2018 Lab Division Hall of Fame inductees were also announced:
- Ronald F. Cooke, O.D., Diversified Ophthalmics, Inc
- Ralph G. Kent Jr., Luzerne Optical Laboratories
- Daniel C. Lundberg, Digital Vision, Inc
- Mike Nathe, Essilor of America
- Richard C. Palmer, Practical Engineering, Inc / Walman
- Mike Sutherlin, Sutherlin Optical
- Michael Walach, Quest Optical Specialty Lab
- Dana Weeks, Optical Services International