Vision Expo OptiCon Program on Track to Surpass Successful Launch at East
Monday, August 20 2018 | 15 h 05 min | News, Press Release
Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians can experience OptiCon @ Vision Expo for the first time at Vision Expo West 2018 (Education: September 26 – 29; Exhibit Hall: September 27 – 29) in Las Vegas, NV. Vision Expo’s partnership with OptiCon brings the industry’s premier Optician and Contact Lens Technician education program to the largest gathering of eyewear and eye care professionals.
At press time, more OptiCon @ Vision Expo packages have been sold as of six weeks pre-show for Vision Expo West than were sold by the close of Vision Expo East.
Building on a strong debut at Vision Expo East 2018, OptiCon @ Vision Expo West attendees can expect access to a personalized and value-based experience package, including:
- Up to 15 hours of continuing education
- Exclusive breakfast and general session on Thursday, September 27, 7:00 AM – 8:15 AM
- OptiCon welcome party at Public House on Thursday, September 27, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM, sponsored by Europa Eyewear
- Exhibit Hall access
- Access to discounted rates at a dedicated OptiCon hotel
- The opportunity to take ABO & NCLE review courses and Certification Exams (Please note that sitting for Certification Exams requires a separate registration and an additional fee.)
Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians can connect in a dedicated OptiCon @ Vision Expo Hub in the Exhibit Hall (Booth #16093), an area for networking with peers and access to key representatives from ABO & NCLE and its partners. The OptiCon Hub will also feature:
- Thursday, September 27 at 2:00 PM: A presentation on eyewear’s hottest trends from Eyecare Business’ Editor-in-Chief Erinn Morgan
- Friday, September 28 at 11:00 AM: The National Academy of Opticianry Awards Ceremony, which will honor outstanding leaders in the eye care profession with the Educator of the Year and Optician of the Year Awards
- Friday, September 28 at 1:30 PM: A presentation on eyewear’s hottest trends from Eyecare Business’ Associate Editor Kerri Ann Raimo
In addition, the OptiCon @ Vision Expo Advisory Board has curated top education picks for attendees in the areas of Business, Contact Lens and Spectacle Lens.
ABO & NCLE began producing OptiCon® (formerly known as the National Opticians Education Conference) in 2009 to bring together Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians for a premier event produced for Opticians, by Opticians.
Earlier this year, OptiCon @ Vision Expo was honored as a TSNN Best of Show Award finalist.
To register and learn more about OptiCon @ Vision Expo, click here.