Vision Expo West Event to Offer Guidance to New Business Owners
Vision Expo West introduces The Next Generation of Retailers – Speed Dating event at this year’s Show. For the first time ever, new and potential business owners will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with some of the industry’s most successful independent retailers to learn the ins and outs of business ownership.
New and potential business owners interested in participating can submit their application online.
Hosted by Erinn Morgan, editor-in-chief of Eyecare Business Magazine, and James Spina, editor-in-chief of 20/20 Magazine, the event will take place Thursday, Sept. 19 in The OPTImum Lounge (Booth #18130) from 3 p.m.–4p.m.
Participating retailers include:
- Edward Beiner, owner of Edward Beiner Eyewear
- Siobhán Burns, owner of The Eyeglass Lass
- Julia Gogosha, owner of Gogosha Optique
- Tanya Gill, OD and owner of Oakland Vision Center
- Stephanie Haenes, COO and owner of Art of Optiks
- Utenzi Miller, owner of Elegant Eyes
- Nate Ogura, owner of Eyes on Fremont
- Todd Rogers, owner of Todd Rogers Eyewear
- Selima Salaun, owner of Selima Optique
- Wendy Salle, owner of Salle Opticians
Following the event, a sangria reception hosted by Etnia Barcelona will be open to all Vision Expo West attendees.
“Etnia Barcelona is extremely excited to sponsor The Next Generation of Retailers – Speed Dating event,” said Pablo Cobian, U.S. general manager for Etnia Barcelona. “All the panel members are independent and unique in their own way, matching perfectly with the Etnia Barcelona core values. As the optical industry is expanding and growing, Etnia Barcelona is in a great position to partner with Vision Expo West to bring a fun new form of networking to the independent optician that helps build relationships across the industry.”