CooperVision Specialty EyeCare Announces Regional Leaders
CooperVision Specialty EyeCare announced the creation of a regional business structure to more closely integrate its portfolio of Paragon, Blanchard, and Procornea specialty contact lens brands and to be closer to customers. In conjunction, it has named three executives to regional leadership roles, further strengthening support for the growing number of eye care professionals worldwide who fit specialty contact lenses.
- Arthur Kung is appointed Head of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare China, based in Shanghai.
- Alex Lamse becomes Head of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare EMEA, based in Eerbeek, Netherlands. He led Procornea’s expansion in China and continued as managing director following its acquisition by CooperVision.
- David Raimondo becomes Head of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare Americas, based in Phoenix, Ariz. He joined CooperVision in 2013 and most recently led the company’s Latin America region.
In conjunction, two highly respected industry veterans have moved into part-time roles with the company. Both will continue to lend their globally recognized expertise to the company while transitioning over the next year toward retirement:
- Jean Blanchard has shifted from running operations at his eponymous company to leading development and evolution of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare lenses for irregular cornea, building on his experience with Onefit™ and other keratoconus-focused products.
- Rich Jeffries, who formerly led the Paragon business, is now working alongside the recently acquired GP Specialists team as part of their CooperVision Specialty EyeCare onboarding, while also developing Asia-Pacific markets outside of China.
GP Specialists, which became part of the company in August 2020 as reported by Optik NOW, remains an aligned yet separately-managed business within CooperVision Specialty EyeCare.
Click HERE for the full press release.