Optometry Giving Sight Launches 2021 Grant Funding Cycle
Optometry Giving Sight (OGS) launches its 2021 grant funding cycle with opportunities in both the spring and fall. North American nonprofit organizations and international charities who meet the criteria can begin applying today. OGS funds organizations that focus on the following:
- Provide education for eye care professionals
- Establish or support optometry schools, eye clinics, vision centres and optical labs
- Deliver eye exams and low or no-cost glasses to underserved or marginalized populations
Spring round of funding timeline:
- March 4: Online application process is open
- April 15: Application deadline (Midnight Central Time)
- May 31: Applicants informed of funding decisions
The range of awards is based on the project with a maximum award of $100,000 USD. Acceptance is contingent upon the amount of funding available and the number of proposals received. A second round of grantmaking will take place in the fall. The application process will open August 15.
The funding guidelines and application can be found here.
Click HERE for the full press release.