EssilorLuxottica’s Breakthrough Innovations Showcased and Awarded at SILMO 2021
Friday, October 1 2021 | 16 h 01 min | Awards, News, Press Release
EssilorLuxottica was recognized with a “Silmo d’Or” award for its latest breakthrough innovation, Transitions XTRActive Polarized lenses, at the 2021 edition of the leading international optics tradeshow, SILMO Paris (24-27 September 2021).
The Company also took the opportunity of this flagship trade event to present other major innovations, including Ray-Ban Stories, the next generation of smart glasses and the first product resulting from EssilorLuxottica’s highly anticipated collaboration with Facebook, confirming its plan to expand availability to new countries, including France, by Q1 2022.
“We are proud to showcase the innovation capabilities that EssilorLuxottica can bring to the industry, with groundbreaking products such as Ray-Ban Stories, along with cutting-edge vision correction solutions and equipment that help ECPs power their practices. We are honoured to receive the ‘Silmo d’Or’ for the Transitions XTRActive Polarized lenses. All these innovations are a testament to our constant effort to push the boundaries. We would like to thank all our teams that have contributed to making this first Silmo participation under the EssilorLuxottica banner a success,” commented Chrystel Barranger, President Europe at Essilor and President Transitions Optical, and Massimiliano Mutinelli, President Wholesale EMEA and APAC at Luxottica.
Major innovations presented during SILMO 2021
These are some of the Company innovations presented at the event:
- Ray-Ban Stories, the next generation of smart glasses developed in collaboration with Facebook, announcing its plan to expand availability to new countries, including France, by Q1 2022
- Essilor Stellest lenses, the culmination of 30 years of research to correct myopia and slow its progression in children
- Ray Ban Authentic, the first branded and genuine complete pair from EssilorLuxottica, combining the style of Ray-Ban frames and Essilor’s expertise in vision
- Vision-S 700, the state-of-the-art immersive refraction station, that was nominated for a Silmo d’Or in the “Equipment” category
- Transitions XTRActive New Generation and Transitions XTRActive Polarized lenses
The worldwide distribution of Transitions XTRActive Polarized will be accelerated in the coming months.
Click HERE for the full press release.