Essilor Announces ‘A New Perspective on Myopia’ Event on February 23
Essilor is organizing a major virtual meeting for eye care professionals in Canada on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. The event is designed to explore the best practices in myopia management adapted to the needs of Canadians and learn about Essilor® Stellest™ lens technology and guidelines.
During the one-hour online event, all eye care professionals – from ophthalmologists to practice representatives – will be able to hear about experts in myopia management to get the latest data on myopia and learn about new ways to control it in Canada:
- Myopia: risk factors and solutions
- Monitoring myopic children in Canada
- Essilor® Stellest™ lenses: a genius innovation to fight myopia progression in children
- Sharing experiences: managing myopia in the office
Guest speakers include:
- Dr. Guillaume Giraudet, who holds a master’s degree in optometry and a doctorate in cognitive sciences, is currently in charge of R&D program at Essilor International in France (Créteil), where one of his main research areas is myopia in children. He has been an associate professor at the University of Montreal School of Optometry and in charge of R&D at Essilor Canada.
- Dr. Millicent Knight, Senior Vice President, Customer Development Group, Essilor of America, is a member of the American Optometric Association (AOA) and the National Optometric Association (NOA), both of which named her Optometrist of the Year. She currently chairs the Global Myopia Awareness Coalition and is a board member of Optometry Giving Sight.
- Dr. Langis Michaud who graduated from the School of Optometry at the University of Montreal is currently Director of the EOUM. He has conducted several clinical studies and published numerous articles. His research interests include myopia control, physiological effects of scleral lenses, corneal biomechanics associated with keratoconus and ocular manifestations of the Fabry disease.
- Dr. Shalu Pal is currently the owner of a group practice in Toronto. She is a board member of the Canadian Association of Optometrist, Cornea and Contact Lens Section and the co-founder of the Canadian Contact Lens Academy. She is also a member of the advisory board for the Global Council of Myopia Management and an Editorial Advisor for the Review of Myopia Management.
- Olga Prenat, Head of Medical Marketing, Professional Relations and Vision Care Education at EssilorLuxottica, has more than 25 years of experience in the optical business. With a MSc Optometry and an EMBA from HEC Paris, Olga has been developing education programs for eye care practitioners worldwide. She is also a founding member of the European Academy of Optometry and Optics and was on the review board of the Optometry & Vision Science magazine.
The event will broadcast on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, all across Canada and will be available in both French and English, from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
Registration for this free virtual event is open– Click to register.
Click HERE for the full press release.