The Best in Optical Eyewear Design to be Awarded at VEE 2024
Monday, January 8 2024 | 11 h 01 min | News
The Vision Council and RX, the joint organizers of Vision Expo, have announced the return of NOW by Vision Expo. The dynamic display and awards program will make its latest appearance at Vision Expo East 2024, taking place March 14-17 at the Javits Center in New York City. This year’s edition promises to expand upon the successes of years past, showcasing a broad array of eyewear designs that illustrate the latest trends in colours, materials, and styles across the industry.
“Against the vibrant backdrop of the city, and in celebration of nearly four decades of Vision Expo in New York, we are excited to amplify NOW by Vision Expo for 2024 and encourage all eyewear exhibitors to participate in this fantastic showcase,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President of Vision Expo at RX. “Back by popular demand, NOW by Vision Expo will spotlight some of our industry’s most eye-catching frame designs, on display for all show attendees to experience.”
All Vision Expo East eyewear exhibitors are welcome to participate in NOW by Vision Expo by submitting one product per brand and/or collection that they believe best encapsulates the 2024 themes.
The themes for Vision Expo East 2024 are as follows:
- NOW loves NYC NOSTALGIA – commemorating nearly 40 years of Vision Expo with archives or vintage-inspired frames.
- NOW loves NYC FASHION – featuring high fashion eyewear accessories, from runways to NYC activewear.
- NOW loves PEACH FUZZ – highlighting the 2024 Pantone Color of the Year.
- NOW loves EARTH – showcasing innovation, new technology & materials.
- NOW loves LOVE – featuring independent WOW and the jewelry of the eyes.
The NOW Advisory Committee
To be considered for inclusion in NOW by Vision Expo, eyewear companies must be exhibitors of Vision Expo East 2024 and must complete a short submission form by February 1, 2024. The final selection of products will be made by the NOW Advisory Committee composed of renowned industry leaders, including:
- Dr. Harbir Sian, OD, Host, The 2020 Podcast
- Alicia Hartman, OD, Founder, People of Barbados
- Rama Valentin, Managing Partner, Atelier Mira
- Dr. Jennifer Tsai, OD, Line of Sight
- Lanard C. Atkins, Board of Directors, ABO-NCLE and Lead Optical Consultant, Timeless EYEdentity
- Wendy Salle, Chief Merchandising Officer, New Look Vision Group
“The new committee members for the 2024 NOW awards each represent a unique facet of our industry,” said Nico Roseillier, Founder, Designer and Creative Strategist of UN-TI-TLED Creative Agency, and Director and Founder of NOW by Vision Expo. “I am beyond excited for another spectacular demonstration of design and creativity by the industry’s finest, as well as the second edition of the NOW by Vision Expo Awards ceremony.”
On Friday, March 15, the NOW Advisory Committee will present the 2024 NOW Awards at The Bridge, Vision Expo East’s main stage. All participants of NOW by Vision Expo will be automatically considered for the NOW Awards. The Awards ceremony will include a panel discussion featuring the NOW Advisory Committee, a champagne toast, and award presentations to winners in the following categories:
- NOW Best Sunglass Award
- NOW Best Optical Award
- NOW Optical Achievement Award
- NOW People’s Choice Award
Interested exhibitors are asked to submit company name, brand name, product name, booth number, the theme that aligns with their product submission, image samples and contact information here by February 1, 2024.
Participation in NOW by Vision Expo is free for all companies exhibiting at Vision Expo East, and the NOW Awards is free for all Vision Expo East attendees to attend. For details on the application process, click here.
For any inquiries about submitting your application, contact Suzanne Krauss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision Expo East 2024 will take place at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City from March 14-17, 2024.
Source: Vision Expo