Johnson & Johnson Vision Launches ACUVUE® VITA® for ASTIGMATISM
TORONTO, ON – Johnson & Johnson Vision announces the Canadian launch of ACUVUE® VITA® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM, a daily wear, monthly replacement contact lens with Eyelid Stabilized Design and HydraMax™ Technology for consistent, clear, stable vision with reliable, exceptional comfort – all month long.3
ACUVUE® VITA® Brand for ASTIGMATISM is the newest addition to the ACUVUE® VITA® family. Two-thirds of monthly spherical contact lens wearers report comfort-related issues, yet a majority (73%) do not tell their Eye Care Professional about their comfort issues because many think it is “normal” and some even fear that their Eye Care Professional might take them out of contact lenses.4
Astigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea that can cause blurred or distorted vision. Symptoms of uncorrected astigmatism may include eye strain and headaches, especially after reading or other prolonged visual tasks. Squinting also is a common symptom. Mild to moderate astigmatism can be corrected through eyeglasses, contact lenses or surgery.
Nearly 1 out of every 2 vision corrected patients has astigmatism in at least one eye,1 and full correction can provide them with improved visual quality of life.2 With the addition of ACUVUE® VITA® for ASTIGMATISM, the ACUVUE® VITA® family now offers parameters for nearly 96% of spherical and astigmatic eyes.3
ACUVUE® VITA® for ASTIGMATISM combines two technologies:
- HydraMax™ Technology is a non-coated silicone hydrogel formulation balanced to help maximize and maintain hydration throughout the lens for reliable, exceptional comfort – all month long. In a clinical study, more than 7 out of 10 wearers reported that ACUVUE® VITA® for ASTIGMATISM delivers exceptional comfort at weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4.3
- Eyelid Stabilized Design works naturally with the eyelids, helping to keep the lens in the correct position. In a clinical study, 75% of wearers reported crisp, clear, stable vision, even with head and eye movements.3
“It is important that when Eye Care Professionals prescribe a monthly contact lens for their astigmatic patients, they can be confident that the lens provides consistent, clear stable vision and exceptional comfort for a full month of wear – not just for the first week or two,” said Cristina Schnider, OD, Director, Global Professional Affairs for Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
ACUVUE® VITA® for ASTIGMATISM provides Class I UV protection, blocking approximately 93% of UVA and 99% of UVB rays.†‡
Johnson & Johnson Vision will launch ACUVUE® VITA® for ASTIGMATISM through its operating company, Johnson & Johnson Inc.
For more than 30 years, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. has focused exclusively on improving vision through quality contact lenses, never compromising on its goal to create technologies that make meaningful differences in people’s lives.
A deep understanding of patient lifestyle needs as well as those of Eye Care Professionals has driven R&D to create innovative solutions designed to complement the natural function of the eye. By developing contact lenses based on a deep understanding of how the eye works, the ACUVUE® Brand strives to maximize the eye’s natural wellbeing during contact lens wear, and give patients and Eye Care Professionals an exceptional experience.
Click HERE for full press release.
- Young G, Sulley A, Hunt C. Prevalence of astigmatism in relation to soft contact lens fitting. Eye Contact Lens. 2011; 37(1):20-25.
- Nichols J, et al. A comparison of toric and spherical soft contact lenses on visual quality of life and ease of fitting in astigmatic patients. BCLA/NCC conference 2016.
- JJVC data on file 2017. Subjective Performance and Clinical Outcomes of ACUVUE® VITA® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM.
- US-UK-DE Monthly Wearer Experience (Leger Survey)