Westgroupe Announces #WithoutMySight Challenge for World Sight Day 2019
Friday, September 27 2019 | 07 h 56 min | News, Press Release
WestGroupe is celebrating World Sight Day on October 10th with Optometry Giving Sight. Each year, Optometry Giving Sight holds an international fundraising campaign that brings the global optometry community together to help end preventable vision impairment. More than 1.2 billion visually impaired people in the world have limited access to an eye exam and a pair of eyeglasses. This figure includes millions of children who depend on their sight to succeed in school. World Sight Day, an annual awareness day, is a global call to action to bring awareness and education on eye health.
For the second year in a row, WestGroupe is partnering up with Optometry Giving Sight and The Canadian National Institute for the Blind, along with a complete list of collaborators, in a combined effort to educate the public on eye health, as well as fundraise to help people in need of basic eye care.
To help inform the public, the #WithoutMySight social media campaign is a way to motivate people around the world to help end preventable vision loss and to better understand the immediate effects of vision loss and the importance of looking after your eye health. For every $5.00 raised, the foundation can provide an eye exam and a pair of glasses for someone in need.
Starting October 2, Westgroupe will introduce their Champions on social media by publishing their story videos. On October 10, the #WithoutMySight Challenge of their Champions and collaborators will be launched. The Challenge will continue throughout the month of October to help spread awareness and educate people on the importance of eye health.
How to take the #WithoutMySight Challenge:
1. Choose a (safe) task you’d like to perform while blindfolded (making coffee, writing an e-mail, shooting a three pointer, preparing a snack, the options are endless!).
2. Have someone record you performing the task with your blindfold on.
3. Nominate 3 other people to take the challenge!
4. Upload and share your video on your social media accounts with the tags: @WestGroupe and #WithoutMySight and #WorldSightDay
5. Donate $5.00 at the following link: http://bit.do/WithoutMySight