Spec Styles for Every Personality
Friday, May 15 2020 | 09 h 29 min | Optik Magazine
April-May issue of Optik Magazine introduces a new feature called IMAGINEM, which highlights advice from Eye Styling Expert Wendy Buchanan, R.O.
Twenty-five years ago, Wendy was bored with the repetition of fitting the same frames over and over and had decided to exit the optical world and trained to be an Image Consultant. She started a small consulting business styling wardrobes of clothing to match personality but realized that once the client’s clothing style was put together, their eyeglasses were all wrong for their new wardrobe and their new look.
Listening to her client’s advice, she started to include Eyewear Styling as part of her Image Consulting services. She shifted her business focus from styling wardrobes to styling “wardrobes of eyewear” and created a mobile eyewear boutique.
Wendy created five “Spec Styles” that include clothing style, hairstyles, personality traits and eyewear choices. There are five Spec Style personalities, and clients will be dominant in at least two — and often three — depending on the style of clothes, fabrics, profession and unique casual wardrobe. Each Spec Style prefers a different look in their eyewear.
“Uncovering your client’s individual style in your retail environment may be as simple as observing the garments they are wearing when they arrive at your dispensary. You can visually assess and note to yourself some details of their clothing style”, said Wendy.
What is the first impression?
1. A strong look with sharp angles and colours.
2. A neat, tailored look with matching belts and shoes.
3. An eclectic look with a mix of new and vintage garments.
4. A relaxed look with comfortable ankle boots.
5. A soft look with shiny fabrics or in luxurious cashmere.
Wendy’s advice: As you style your next client:
• Pay attention to their clothing style and make a mental note of designs and lines.
• Check out the shapes, colours and styles of the accessories they are wearing: jewellery, handbags and shoes.
• Ask more questions about their fashion preferences and recommend multiple frames!
Want to find out more? Click HERE to check out Wendy’s five Spec Styles and find out how to be Spectacular & Successful in all you do!
You can learn more about Wendy’s image and eyestyling program for optical fashionistas at www.specstyling.com.