GMAC Elects 2021 Board of Directors
The Global Myopia Awareness Coalition (GMAC), an advisory board under the World Council of Optometry announces its 2021 Board of Directors. Formed in 2019, the coalition comprises leading ophthalmic companies and eye health associations focused on the clear need for increased public awareness about childhood myopia.
The GMAC 2021 Board of Directors includes:
- Juan Carlos Aragon, GMAC Chair. President, CooperVision Specialty EyeCare
- Matt Oerding, Immediate Past Chair & Marketing Committee Co-chair. CEO & Co-founder, Treehouse Eyes
- Lisa McAlister, Marketing Committee Co-chair. Global Myopia Lead, Johnson & Johnson Vision
- Kovin Naidoo. Senior Vice President, Social Impact, Africa & Latin America, Essilor
- Millicent Knight, Senior Vice President, Customer Development Group, Essilor of America
- Bill Scott, President, Jobson Healthcare Information
- Marc Ferrara, CEO of Information Services, Jobson Healthcare Information
- Raul Trillo, Chief Commercial Officer, Nevakar Inc.
- Tony Sommer, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Visioneering Technologies Inc.
- Scott Mundle, Immediate Past President, World Council of Optometry
Founded with a mission to “promote public awareness of childhood myopia as a treatable disease through direct-to-consumer channels and awareness with governments, NGOs and other health care associations,” GMAC does not advocate for specific clinical approaches. Instead, it’s designed to stimulate public interest and prompt parental conversations with eye care practitioners.
“I’m proud to serve as chair of GMAC, helping build on an ever-growing body of work to advance awareness among parents about childhood myopia,” says Dr. Aragon. “Being part of a movement that has the potential to improve millions of lives is incredibly motivating and inspiring. We know that no company can do this alone, but together we are making a difference that will be felt for generations.”
Click HERE for the full press release.