Bausch + Lomb Corporation Launches as a Publicly Traded Company
Bausch + Lomb Corporation launched as a publicly traded company when it began trading under the “BLCO” symbol on the New York Stock Exchange and Toronto Stock Exchange.
“Today marks a tremendous milestone for Bausch + Lomb and an important step forward on the path to an independent company focused on eye health,” said Joseph C. Papa, chairman and CEO, Bausch + Lomb. “Bausch + Lomb has long been associated with many of the most significant advances in eye health, and I am honored to work alongside our 12,000 global employees as we continue to focus on achieving our ongoing mission of helping people see better to live better all over the world.”
Bausch + Lomb currently has projects in various stages of pre-clinical and clinical development, including new over-the-counter eye care products, contact lenses, innovative software and prescription medications for myopia management, next-generation cataract and LASIK surgical equipment, premium intraocular lenses, investigational treatments for dry eye and preservative-free formulations of a range of eye drops.
Strong, Experienced Leaders Selected for Board of Directors and Executive Management Team
The Bausch + Lomb Board of Directors includes the following individuals:
- Joseph C. Papa, Chairman
- Thomas W. Ross, Sr., Lead Independent Director
- Nathalie Bernier
- Richard U. DeSchutter
- Sarah B. Kavanagh
- John A. Paulson
- Russel C. Robertson
- Andrew C. von Eschenbach, M.D.
The Bausch + Lomb executive management team includes:
- Joseph C. Papa, Chairman and CEO
- Christina Ackermann, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, and President, Ophthalmic Pharmaceuticals
- Dennis Asharin, Executive Vice President, Chief Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain Officer
- Sam Eldessouky, Chief Financial Officer
- Joseph (Joe) Gordon, President, Global Consumer, Surgical and Vision Care
- Yehia Hashad, M.D., Executive Vice President of Research & Development and Chief Medical Officer
- Louis Yu, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief Quality Officer
- Kelly Webber, Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
Click HERE for the full press release.