CORE Names Its Top 10 of 2022 Scientific Papers
Ahead of the first global eye care conference of the year, the Centre for Ocular Research & Education (CORE) has announced its “Top 10 of 2022” publications list, designating works of significant value to clinicians, researchers, educators, and manufacturers. The papers were selected from 26 peer-reviewed manuscripts covering clinical studies, laboratory studies, and reviews developed by the organization over the past 12 months.
“The entire CORE team, our collaborators, and sponsors continue to advance multiple dimensions of ocular science at a record pace, helping peers in the optometry and ophthalmology communities provide the best possible patient care,” says CORE Director Lyndon Jones, PhD, DSc, FCOptom, FAAO. “The sheer volume of these high-caliber studies can be overwhelming at times. That’s why we have selected 10 publications that represent essential knowledge for today’s eye care professionals.”
Papers making the “Top 10” for 2022 (in the order in which they were published) include:
- Effect of a Novel Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acid Supplement on Dry Eye Disease: A 3-month Randomized Controlled Trial. Optom Vis Sci 2022; 99;1: 67-75. Ng A, et al.
- Testing drug release from medicated contact lenses: The missing link to predict in vivo performance. J Control Release 2022; 343 672-702. Pereira-da-Mota A, et al.
- Long-term Effect of Dual-focus Contact Lenses on Myopia Progression in Children: A 6-year Multicenter Clinical Trial. Optom Vis Sci 2022; 99;3: 204-212. Chamberlain P, et al.
- Exploring the factors which impact overall satisfaction with single vision contact lenses. Cont Lens Anterior Eye 2022; 45;5: 101579. Guthrie S, et al.
- The impact of contact lenses on meibomian gland morphology. Ocul Surf 2022; 24 148-155. Osae, E.A., et al.
- Antiviral Activity of Contemporary Contact Lens Care Solutions against Two Human Seasonal Coronavirus Strains. Pathogens 2022; 11;4: 472. Lourenco Nogueira C, et al.
- The impact of a rub and rinse regimen on removal of human coronaviruses from contemporary contact lens materials. Cont Lens Anterior Eye 2022; 45;6: 101719. Lourenco Nogueira C, et al.
- Short-term tolerability of commercial eyelid cleansers: A randomised crossover study. Cont Lens Anterior Eye 2022; 45;6: 101733. Craig J, et al.
- Magnitude of astigmatism – A comparison between eyes. Cont Lens Anterior Eye 2022; 45;5: 101510. Luensmann D, et al.
- Temporal Change in Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Expression from Immortalized Human Corneal Epithelial Cells Exposed to Hyperosmotic Stress. Curr Eye Res 2022; 47;11: 1488-1495. Nagaarudkumaran N, et al.
CORE offers a searchable database of its more than 2,600 peer-reviewed papers, professional articles, continuing education presentations, and scientific presentations dating back to the early 1980s. That resource is available at https://core.uwaterloo.ca/publications/.
Click HERE for the full press release.