MIDO 2023: Trends, Awards and Celebrities Energize Eyewear Show
Monday, February 6 2023 | 02 h 40 min | Events, News, Press Release
Great turnout on the first day of MIDO. Business, trends, fashion, and much more – awards, celebrities and many events, Friday, February 3, through Monday 6 th at Fiera Milano Rho.
The first day of the event was marked by high energy and the desire to meet, to breathe once again the incredible atmosphere that only in-person interaction and exchange can generate.
The massive influx of visitors exceeded all expectations. They were surrounded by many engaging activities that animated the start of the 51st edition with visitors from 140 countries and just over 1,000 exhibitors.
EVENTS AND GUESTS
Today, the fair squares were also animated by flash mobs of the group of dancers led by the famous choreographer Giacomo Frassica. Guest of the day was also showgirl Melissa Satta. The OTTICLUB (Pavilion 3) round table “How to define the look and personality through glasses. Styling as an opportunity for opticians” curated by Nick Cerioni, Creative Director and famous stylist behind the image of famous artists such as the Måneskin, Jovanotti, Laura Pausini, Pierfrancesco Favino, Achille Lauro, Orietta Berti and Gianni Morandi. The conference is part of OTTICLUB’s How to? program of meetings on practical activities closely related to the everyday life of optical centers.
Great excitement for the photo set in Pavilion 1, next to the Press Village, where visitors and exhibitors could experience a real visual journey ‘inside’ the 2023 MIDO campaign, Frames. The set will be available tomorrow as well.
The second day of the 2023 edition of MIDO was marked by trends, awards and VIPs. The show runs through tomorrow February 6th at Fiera Milano Rho, an opportunity for meetings and, of course, business. This morning, the corridors and booths of the six pavilions were teeming with opticians, expert buyers and industry enthusiasts, who flocked to the show on this Sunday in February to experience first-hand the latest, most innovative and intriguing products.
“We are extremely satisfied with the turnout and success of the event so far,” commented Giovanni Vitaloni, President of MIDO and ANFAO. “To be honest, I wasn’t totally confident, after these difficult years, of the return to in-person attendance, considering that the majority of the participants come from abroad. MIDO is the reference point for the eyewear sector and is therefore essential for us and, above all, for the entire supply chain. When you enter one of the pavilions today,” concluded Vitaloni, “you immediately find yourself surrounded by an atmosphere of great enthusiasm as you discover the many brands present, breathe in the unique atmosphere and have the opportunity to meet internationally renowned personalities.”
On the second day, celebrities from the world of entertainment animated the booths, such as Italian trapper Sfera Ebbasta, singer Dargen D’Amico and model and influencer Dasha Kina.
The awards ceremony took place in a packed Fashion District square. Every year, MIDO presents awards to optical centres, the most sustainable booth and, new this year, the companies most actively engaged in sustainability.
MIDO 2023 also organized the first CSE – Certified Sustainable Eyewear Award. Created by MIDO in partnership with ANFAO and Certottica, the award evaluates sustainability in the eyewear sector at an international level. An authoritative jury of experts assessed the nominated products, based on detailed criteria on their environmental and social impact, taking into consideration the product’s entire life cycle: recycling of materials, reduction of consumption in production and distribution processes, best use of the supply chain, elimination of waste, level of recyclability, use of renewable energy, etc.
Here are the award winners in the 6 categories:
- CSE Award Sunglasses Europe: NEUBAU EYEWEAR – NEUBAU (Austria)
- CSE Award Sunglasses Rest of the World: MITA EYEWEAR – Vision of Tomorrow (USA)
- CSE Award Frames Europe: EYEWEAR 4 YOU – LLEXAN ITALIA (Italy)
- CSE Award Frames Rest of the World: MONOGRAM EYEWEAR (United Arab Emirates)
- CSE Award Cases Europe: ECO – MODO EYEWEAR (Italy)
- CSE Award Cases Rest of the World: KARUN EYEWEAR – KARUN (Spain)
- Winner of the Bestore Design 2023 award was OTTICA BUX (Altamura) by Sabino Bux, that was chosen for the incredible mix of elements and staging, the perfect balance between elegance, luxury, art and craftsmanship, and for details linking the worlds of eyewear and music.
- The Bestore Innovation 2023 award was given to MEGAOPTIKA (Lviv – Ukraine), by Taras Proniv, which distinguished itself through resourceful entrepreneurship. It combines the treatment of ophthalmic diseases, advanced diagnostics and a wide range of products, working in extremely risky conditions due to the ongoing conflict.
- Finally, the Stand Up For Green award for the most sustainable booth was assigned to MARCHON ITALIA for its modularity, reusability, and the minimum space occupied by furnishings, which translates to reduced shipping impact.
Click HERE for the full press release.