Research Reveals The Most Common Patient Questions About Photochromic Lenses
Friday, April 10 2015 | 00 h 00 min | Press Release
PINELLAS PARK, Fla., March 27, 2015 – A recent survey[i], sponsored by Transitions Optical, Inc., revealed the four most common questions patients ask their eye care professionals about photochromic lenses. The top two questions suggest that patients need to be educated on the latest photochromic technologies, including Transitions® XTRActive® lenses which offer superior darkness outdoors, even in the brightest sun and hottest temperatures, and a hint of tint indoors for extra protection from light outdoors, indoors and even behind-the-windshield.
Eye care professionals were asked to rank the questions they are most commonly asked when discussing photochromic lenses with their patients. The top responses included:
- “Do photochromic lenses work behind the windshield?” (36%)
- “How dark do photochromic lenses get?” (25%)
- “How quickly do photochromic lenses change?” (20%)
- “If I wear photochromic lenses, does that mean I don’t need a separate pair of sunglasses?” (16%).A new “Questions You Should Be Ready For” fact sheet provides eye care professionals background on how to respond, and gives a sample script on how to answer while incorporating the benefits of Transitions® brand lenses into the conversation. For example, the following script is designed to help eye care professionals answer the question “Do photochromic lenses work in the car?”
- “There are actually a few different types of Transitions lenses. Transitions XTRActive lenses were designed to activate while driving by using both UV and visible light. So, anywhere you go, Transitions XTRActive lenses are always working to protect your eyes from the brightest sun and harsh indoor light.”
“Our consumer campaign is driving patients to ask about the Transitions lenses that are right for them,” said Patience Cook, director, North America marketing, Transitions Optical. “We want to make sure eye care professionals are prepared to answer their patients’ most common questions. The great news is that the technology advances we’ve been able to achieve within the expanded Transitions family of products give eye care professionals a chance to put their patients’ concerns at ease.”
The fact sheet can be viewed and downloaded online at TransitionsCanadaPRO.ca.
About Transitions Optical, Inc. Transitions Optical is the leading provider of plastic photochromic (adaptive) lenses to optical manufacturers worldwide. Having been the first to successfully manufacture and commercialize plastic adaptive lenses in 1990, and as a result of its relentless investment in research and development and technology, Transitions Optical offers a wide variety of products, setting new standards of advanced performance to provide ever increasing visual comfort and UV protection. Product leadership, consumer focus, and operational excellence have made the Transitions® brand one of the most recognized consumer brands in optics.
Transitions Optical has been awarded the Gallup Great Workplace Award for 2013 for the fifth consecutive year.
[i] Online survey of 256 eyecare professionals conducted on behalf of Transitions Optical, November 2014